We (Heruka Kadampa Meditation Centre) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of data protection law, the data controller is Heruka Kadampa Meditation Centre, 13 Woodstock Road, Golders Green, London NW11 8ES
Information we collect from you
We collect and process the following personal data about you:
Contact information you give us. This includes any contact information you may provide us with through our website (www.meditateinlondon.org.uk) or by communicating with us directly by phone, e-mail or through classes and courses. The contact information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number(s).
Cookies and Website Statistics
Uses made of your personal information
We process your contact information to manage your bookings to our services and to contact you to confirm the details of your bookings or to cancel or request a refund for your booking.
We use your contact information to market our courses, classes and events through our newsletter that you have specifically signed up for.
Disclosure of personal information
Your personal information is not normally shared with anyone. However, in exceptional circumstances, where there is a significant risk to your health and wellbeing or the health and wellbeing of another person or to comply with the law, we may need to disclose information to a third party, for example, to a law enforcement agency. If this is likely to be necessary, we will discuss this with you wherever possible.
Where we store your personal information
We do not use your Eventbrite booking email for our mailing list.
Retention of personal information
The information provided by you will be held for a period of time while you continue to access the relevant service. This information is securely destroyed at the end of the service, for example, if you ask us to remove you from our mailing list.
Under data protection law, you have the right to:
– obtain free of charge, confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed and, if it is, a copy of that personal data
– have your personal data rectified and incomplete personal data completed
– erase when no longer required or to be forgotten, subject to legal obligations
– object to and restrict further processing of your data until the accuracy of your data or use has been resolved
– data portability, where you want your data sent to another data controller
– not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making and processing
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us.